See below for your chance to win.
The largest ticketed annual event in the southern hemisphere runs from 6 April until 19 April at the Sydney Showground at Sydney Olympic Park with a blend of fresh attractions and the traditional family favourites.
Each year the Sydney Royal Easter Show attracts an average of 850,000 visitors and with the 2017 Show coinciding with NSW school holidays, there is every opportunity for that number to be exceeded.
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS), the convenor of the Sydney Royal Easter Show works tirelessly throughout the year to preserve and display for all Showgoers the nearly 200 years of Show heritage, while at the same time presenting the most contemporary rides and entertainment from around the world.
“We get one shot every year at entertaining and educating our domestic and international visitors and we love sending them home having had the best experience possible,” RAS General Manager Murray Wilton said.
“That fortnight each year when the country comes to the city is our opportunity to educate our visitors about the importance of the agriculture sector while at the same time making it fun and engaging. In 2017 we are confident we have the formula just right,” Mr Wilton said.
Some different things are in store for this year's show For the first time in 65 years the Grand Parade will be held in the middle of the day at 1pm on Tuesday 11 April. New attractions include “Little Hands On The Land”, a kid-sized working farm aimed at teaching our children all about agriculture from the crop to the shop. “The Beast” is being introduced to Carnival at the Sydney Royal Easter Show for the first time in 2017, a thrilling Europe-sourced attraction which swings riders 43 metres above the crowd below.
By popular demand the “Man from Snowy River” spectacular returns to Spotless Stadium with each night performances. The very best stockmen and 100 animals combine in a thundering display which brings Banjo Paterson’s iconic ballad of the Australian outback to life.
The RAS has always been very proud of its history and in line with this, for the first time, visitors will be able to wander back in time through the Heritage Pavilion where iconic trophies, decades-old sample bags and other Show mementos are on display.
All tickets have been frozen at last year’s prices for purchases online prior to the opening day of the Show. Family tickets purchased pre-show will remain at $99.50.
Single Day tickets for children are available online at just $22 and for adults $37.
Two day Showlink tickets are just $62.20 for adults and $39 for children aged 4 to 15.
Show Dates: Thursday 6 April to Wednesday 19 April, 2017.
Tickets: On sale now (pre-sale ends 5 April, 2017) at www.eastershow.com.au
An online booking fee of $2.55 may apply.
We have 6 x adult double passes to give away to the 2017 Sydney Royal Easter Show
For your chance to win tell us in 25 words or less what your favourite animal pavilion is to visit and why.
This competition has now closed. The winners are:
- The competition is open from 8:00am AEDT Saturday 11th March 2017 and closes 5:00 pm AEDT Tuesday 28th March 2017. Only entries submitted during these times will be considered.
- Entrants must be Australian Residents and have an Australian postal address.
- Strictly one entry per person
- Only entires of 25 words or less will be considered.
- The winners will be chosen for their originality and creativity by the Aussie Mum Network Team. The judges decision is final. No Correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees and their immediate families of the Aussie Mum Network are ineligible to enter.
- Winners will be contacted via email and have 48 hours to supply a postal address or forfeit their prize.
- By submitting your email address you consent to being added to the Aussie Mum Network mailing list.