Coffee Liqueur Truffles
These are one of my favourite things to make at Christmas time. They are fairly easy to make and taste great. Perfect for a Christmas get-together or an lovely homemade edible gift.
For 3 Dozen(s)
- 360 grams milk chocolate melts
- 120 grams dark chocolate melts
- 120 mls thickened cream
- 2 Tbs coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate sprinkles, to coat
Coffee Liqueur Truffles Directions
- While the chocolate is still hot, add in the cream and Kahlua. Stir well to combine.
- Place in the fridge for 2-4 hours or until firm but pliable.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and work spoonfuls into balls (they should be bite sized).
- Finish them off by rolling them in the chocolate sprinkles.
The time it takes for the chocolate mix to be ready to be rolled will depend on how hot it got at it's melting point and the temperature of your fridge. You should be able to easily scoop some out but it should hold it's shape.
Get the truffles back into the fridge as soon as possible after rolling to allow them to set.
Truffles last for up to a week (depending on the shelf life of the cream) and should be kept in the fridge.