Chicken Quesadilla with Charred Lime & Mango Salsa
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 breasts chicken
- 1 tbsp Cholula Original Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp corinader, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp gound cumin
- 8 medium tortillas
- 1 avocado, roughly mashed
- 2 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheese
Charred Lime & Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangoes, skin removed & flesh cut into 1cm cube
- 1/4 red onion, finely dices
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes, halved
Chicken Quesadilla with Charred Lime & Mango Salsa Directions
- Finely slice the chicken breasts into 1/2cm thick slices.
- Into a bowl add the Cholula Original Hot Sauce, tomato paste, lime juice, garlic, fresh coriander, salt and pepper and cumin. Gently mix the marinade together to combine and then add the sliced chicken. Coat the chicken completely in the marinade. Place the bowl into the fridge to marinate for about an hour.
- Meanwhile in a small salad bowl add the cubed mango flesh, red onion, capsicum, mint and olive oil .Gently mix together to combine. Place into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place a fry pan over a medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil to heat in the pan. Place the lime halves into the pan and cook until charred and caramelised. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add half of the marinated chicken pieces. Cook for 3-4 minutes until brown and slightly crispy and turn to cook the other side of a further 2-3 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl and cook the remaining chicken pieces.
- Heat a toasted sandwich maker or press. On one of the tortillas spread a tablespoon of avocado and sour cream, a few pieces of tomato, chicken slices, and a sprinkle of grated cheese. Place another tortilla on top and carefully transfer to the sandwich maker and press the lid down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is starting to melt out from the sides.
- Alternatively you can cook the quesadillas in a non-stick fry pan, flipping the tortilla to brown each side.
- Remove the quesadillas and place onto a cutting board. Cut in half and then in quarters. Serve immediately with the charred lime halves and mango salsa.