Chicken Schnitzel & Mash
A classic comfort food favourite. We used quality products from the OXO range of products to make this Chicken Schnitzel and Potato mash.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 4 cups Breadcrumbs
- 6 Desiree Potatoes
- 1 knob Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chicken Schnitzel & Mash Directions
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°
2. Cut each chicken breast in half
3. Place one of the chicken breast pieces into a plastic freezer bag and bash with a mallet until flattened and around 3cm thick. Repeat for each piece of chicken breast. Don't get too enthusiastic with the mallet or your chicken breast will be minced
3. Set out three bowls. Put flour in one, crack the eggs into another and whisk lightly with the milk. Put breadcrumbs in the 3rd bowl.
4. Dip each flattened chicken breast into flour, then the egg and milk wash and then the bread crumbs. Do this process twice for each breast to get a double coating of crumb.
5. Place the coated chicken breasts into a baking dish and bake for around 20 minutes. You can fry if you prefer, I like to bake for a healthier version of this dish.
6. Once you pop the chicken into the oven, peel and chop your potatoes and place in a pot of boiling water. Boil for approximately 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender and starting to fall apart
7. Drain potatoes and then add a butter (around 20g).
8. Begin to mash the potatoes together.
9. Slowly add milk bit by bit as you mash the potatoes.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste and then test to see if the mash needs any more butter or seasoning.
11. Serve the chicken schnitzel and mash. Add broccoli or green beans to add more colour to your dish.
the OXO Good Grips Good Grips Potato Masher RRP $17.95
the OXO Good Grips Meat Tenderiser RRP $24.95.
The potato masher is the easiest I've used because the mashing action created by the unique handle makes it easier to use. To find out more visit www.worldkitchen.com.au/brands/oxo