Cheesy Lemon Biscuits
I love this recipe because it is really quick to make and have a snack either for yourself or for guests.
For 15 Serving(s)
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 75 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 25 g butter, softened
Cheesy Lemon Biscuits Directions
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Put the flour, parmesan, cheddar, baking powder and butter into a mixing bowl and lightly start bringing it together with your hands. You will end up with a very crumbly mix and at this point you should start to add the lemon juice one tablespoon at a time.
- After the addition of each tablespoon of lemon juice keep bringing the dough together. You may find that the mixture is a good firm dough after just two tablespoons, but I inevitably always end up using at least 3.
- Knead the mix for around a minute until you have a firm dough and then wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest.
- Get the dough out of the refrigerator and on a lightly floured surface use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is around 2cm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your biscuits. Keep re-rolling the excess bits of dough until you have used it all up. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and pop in the oven for 10 minutes. These are a great snack to serve with drinks or at a cocktail party.