Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup
For 4 Person(s)
- 10 cm corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 400 g chicken broth
- 1 cup canned Mexican-style tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf, minced
- 1 red capsicum, dried & crushed
- 450 g boneless and skinless chicken breasts cooked & shredded
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Chill Hot Sauce
- Tortilla strips for topping
Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup Directions
- Brush each side of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into 1/4 inch strips. Lay strips on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes at 175 degrees celsius until golden brown.
- In saucepan combine water, broth, tomatoes, cumin, garlic, bay leaf and red capsicum and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5-6 minutes. Add chicken and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including Cholula Hot Sauce. Remove bay leaf.
- Ladle soup into four bowls. Top with salt, pepper and tortilla strips.