'Giant' mini quiche
A school lunch box doesn't need to be boring and this one is far from that. We created an exciting and appealing lunchbox that with a little preparation the night before, will only take 5 minutes to put together in the morning school rush. All produce and ingredients used were purchased at our local IGA store. For more great lunchbox ideas visit the IGA hub here.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cheddar grated
- handful cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 sheets puff pastry
'Giant' mini quiche Directions
- Pre Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add muffin cases to muffin tins.
- Defrost puff pastry and using a round biscuit cutter cut out circles to fit your muffin pan. Place pastry into muffin casings.
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil until just translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the milk. Whisk until just blended together.
- Add the cheddar cheese and the cooled onion to the egg and milk mixture and stir until well blended.
- Put 4 pieces of chopped cherry tomatoes in the bottom of each pastry casing.
- Using a soup ladle, put the egg mixture into the pastry casings until all are filled to just below the top of the pastry.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until just browned on top and a skewer comes out clean from the quiche.
Quiches can be made the night before and excess quiches can be frozen and eaten at a later date.
For more lunchbox ideas, head to iga.com.au/school.
This is a sponsored post