Cholula Corn Chowder
For 4 Person(s)
Cholulal Hot Sauce
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 stalk celery, diced to 1/2cm
- 2 large carrots, diced to 1/2cm
- 2 cups sweet onion, diced to 1/2cm
- 1 red capsicum, diced to 1/2cm
- 225 g desiree potatoes, peeled and diced
- 225 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups corn (about 6 cobs)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Cholula Original Hot Sauce
Cholula Corn Chowder Directions
- Cook bacon in a pot over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain
- Add celery, carrots, onion, and capsicum to pot and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add potatoes, thyme and broth. Simmer covered, until potatoes are tender (15 minutes).
- Add corn and cream. Cook uncovered on simmer for 10 minutes
- Add salt, pepper, Cholula Hot Sauce and bacon.
- Serve in a sourdough bread bowl.