Fluffy Cheese Soufflé With Chives
Beemster is a gourmet Dutch Gouda, renowned for its rich and creamy taste. Made in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, ‘The Beemster’ in North Holland, its delicious taste is the direct result of ideal farming conditions and practices.
Beemster cheeses include Mild, Medium, Aged, Classic, X-O- and Royaal, each aged for a distinctive flavour, suited to accompany different beverages and foods.
Beemster is imported in NSW and VIC exclusively through Angeles Fine Foods, an independent importer, wholesaler and distributor of premium gourmet food products. RRP range from $3.30 to $4.05 per 100 grams. Recipes are attached. High-res images and samples are available on request. For more information, visit www.beemstercheese.com.au
For 4 Person(s)
- 150 g Beemster Cheese
- 4 eggs (whites & yolks separated
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps chives, finely chopped
- 4 ramekins, greased
Fluffy Cheese Soufflé With Chives Directions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grate the cheese coarsely.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg into the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg yolks, half of the cheese and the chives into the egg whites.
- Fill the ramekins evenly with this mixture and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the ramekins in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes until the soufflés have risen nicely and are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the chives and serve with toasted white bread.