Soft Boiled Egg & Smashed Avocado Toast
This is one of my favourite breakfasts. It's easy, tastes good and is ready in under 10 minutes.
For 2 Person(s)
- 4 eggs
- 2 avocado
- bunch rocket
- salt & pepper to taste
Soft Boiled Egg & Smashed Avocado Toast Directions
- Pop on a pot of water and bring it to the boil
- Place eggs in the boiling water and cook for exactly 6 minutes for oozy eggs.
- While you are waiting on the eggs, pop your toast in your toaster.
- Once the toast is ready, mash half an avocado on each slice.
- When the eggs are done, drain and run cold water over them.
- Cut open the eggs and place one egg per slice of toast
- Top with some fresh rocket and season to taste
I have Rocket growing like a weed outside my kitchen door so this is a quick, easy garnish I use a lot. If you don't have it, this dish is delicious enough without needing anything extra.